Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thing 13 - Presentations

Our district is piloting both Chromebooks and iPads, so I tried Lensoo Create and Haiku Deck. I liked that Lensoo Create was so versatile with how items could be added. I think this tool would work well for flipping a classroom or just providing extra, interactive information to students to extend their learning. 

I then went to search for Lensoo Create on my Chromebook. I know that Android doesn't necessarily mean there is a version for Chromebooks, but I thought I would check. Haiku Deck was the result. Since we are in a definite state of transition, it was nice to see that Haiku Deck was available on the web and could be exported to PowerPoint. 

Our students have mainly been working with PowerPoint, Prezi and Google Apps Presentation. I think that Lensoo Create offered more functionality making it more worthwhile to check out. But since it was only available on the iPad, its use would be limited for us right now. 

These many offerings on various platforms bring up an interesting point. I think that it's good for students to explore different applications because it helps them to gain confidence when they try new ones in the future. But mastering new applications should not become the focus unless they have something unique to offer a student's educational experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment