Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thing 15 - Infographics

I was curious to try out these apps since infographics have gotten so popular. I looked at info.Graphics first. I have to admit that I was expecting a lot more content. However, this app could be used as a source for projects, or as an example of what an infographic looks like. 

I also tried out i Visual Info Touch Lite. It was easy to use, and had a nice selection of graphics. So this tool could be an option for actually creating an infographic. This type of application could be used for just about any subject area. Creating the infographic typically requires generating data, synthesizing it then presenting in an interesting format. So I would definitely like to get teachers using this tool next year. 

Since we are still using computer labs as well as piloting devices I did a quick search and found a number of tools that can also be used on the web (including the ones listed in this Thing). I had heard of a number of these as well. So I will definitely be promoting these apps and sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment