Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thing 14 - Videos

I work with students quite a bit with video editing. So I was curious to see what would be listed for this Thing. I tried Magisto. It reminded me of Animoto since it seemed that everything was preformated. I made a cute cat video (yes, I have cat video footage readily available). I noticed that some of the photos needed to be adjusted - weren't positioned correctly with the theme video. I've gotten the question before with Animoto of how can it be used at school. So far I've come up with using to for unit introductions, compiling photos and videos of projects, etc. I was glad to see that students can use photos and videos stored on Google Drive. 

One tool I didn't see listed was WeVideo. I like this online tool because it has more features similar to true video editing software. I think video editing is one of those skills that help students to build confidence with technology. So I appreciate that WeVideo has users go more in-depth than just uploading media and selecting themes. It also allows users to select media from Google Drive.

On an interesting note, I've seen Vine videos listed on You Tube. I didn't realize they could be the source of all the short videos included in online articles. I always want to see more of the content. But it was nice to realize the source.

No comments:

Post a Comment