Friday, June 13, 2014

Thing 20 - Games

I have to admit that I'm not a huge game person. I actually like to get outside either on a walk or in my garden to get a change from being in front of a screen or online. But a coworker introduced me to a game long ago, and it's my one online vice that I play every once in a while. I think it's because it has shiny, sparkly jewels... as in Bejeweled! And it's now on my iPad. 

I do think games or programs (apps) with game-like interfaces can be beneficial in education. When I taught K-5 media we used Type to Learn and the students really liked these sessions. They also enjoyed many other educational gaming sites. I will definitely explore more gaming apps for education. But it was fun to find Bejeweled and play a round.

No comments:

Post a Comment