Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thing 17 - Connecting to community

Since we do a lot of hiking up north, the first app I loaded was for the Superior Hiking Trail. This app definitely brought the trail maps right to my iPad. This access is so handy for planning trips to this beautiful area.

Next, after checking out the app, I forwarded the information for the MN Beer Activists site to a number of people who I thought would be interested. I may have to jump ahead to Think 19 for the wine info. Very fun.

I was hoping that the Minneapolis Skyway app would help me to not become so incredibly lost downtown, but I couldn't find it. 

However, while looking for the skyway app, I also noticed an app for the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. This made me think that for school it would be helpful to check out if there are apps for some of the sites our students visit in order to prep them for the trip. Giving them this kind of background information is a great way for them to start thinking about questions and connections. 

Great to know that Minnesota is creating all these apps!


No comments:

Post a Comment