Friday, June 13, 2014

Thing 21 - Free-for-all

I've mentioned a few apps throughout this blog:

  • Evernote for note taking. It's been around for a while - which is a good thing. And I still see it on every list of recommended apps.
  • WeVideo / iMovie or some sort of video editing program. Every time I introduce students to video editing, they're so engaged. 
  • Google Drive for those of us using Google Apps for Education. Our students have quickly adopted these tools. 
For personal use:
  • WhatsApp - A friend introduced me to this app. It lets users text across platforms. I used this tool while traveling out of the country to correspond with my hosts. It worked great. It was recently purchased by Facebook. So I'm not sure how much it will change.
  • Since I live in Minneapolis, I added their Snow Emergency app which came in very handy this last winter. It was so much easier having this information right on my phone.
I'm looking forward to seeing what else is listed for this Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment