Saturday, May 3, 2014

Thing 12 - Books, Books, & More Books

I know that my students will be interested in these apps. I downloaded Free Books and Audio Books, but I will also promote Wattpad. The two apps I tried were again, easy to use. I specifically appreciated that the Audio Books app had genre categories that included a teen option. I've already had students ask about getting digital versions of some of the classic books that they need to read for school. So I've been telling them about digital books we already have, Project Gutenberg and Librivox. These two apps will be a nice addition for them. 

I also downloaded Yalsa's app. When I'm shopping at book stores, I'm constantly looking for information about titles before purchasing them. Having this app, along with the Hennepin County app and better access to my Destiny catalog will definitely help with this process!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    Thanks for another great set of posts. I hope you found some good tools for your YouTube project and that you figured out what was going on with the authentication for the ELM databases.

    You're about halfway done. One or two more power sessions before June 15th, and you should be able to finish. I look forward to hearing from you!

    -Kaia, 23 Mobile Things Coach

    ReplyDelete