Saturday, May 3, 2014

Thing 7 - Content Saving & Sharing

I had signed up for Pinterest a while ago so that I could find another way of posting new books and other book news for our library. At the time, I found it a bit difficult to get started with pinning the book covers. On a funny note, users had to select three or five categories to get started. I randomly chose some including "Cats". So in that account I ended up with all sorts of cat photos. I didn't spend a lot of time looking, but it was also more difficult to edit these randomly chosen categories. Meow!

This time around, the interface seems more user friendly. On a side note, the addition of bookmarklets and extensions is a big improvement in the web version (maybe I missed those the first time around, although I still had to search for them). 

So I will have to give my book board idea another go. Obviously others are doing this. Surprisingly, I feel like the mobile version is more user friendly than the standard web version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment