Saturday, May 3, 2014

Thing 8 - Social Media Management Tools

I'm actually going to come back to this post at a later date. I currently have an after school club that consists of a group of students who love to create and edit their own films. They have a You Tube Channel and Facebook page. My dilemma is giving students access to post videos and information to these accounts, as well as me being able to post and tweet to staff for example, without having to sign in using multiple profiles. One feature I've appreciated in You Tube is to be able to have one account, but create multiple profiles. Perhaps one of these apps will help as well. So stay tuned...


Update: Well, I still haven't decided what I'm going to do about consolidating accounts and devices. This dilemma will be one of my goals to work on over the summer. I'm sure others are facing this problem: Personal and professional accounts as well as personal and school issued devices. Both my principal and our new superintendent are Twitter advocates. So I will get this task completed one way or another. 

TweetCaster looks like it may work. But I appreciate having this list available for future reference. One question that comes to mind is that Twitter and Facebook accounts can already be linked, which I have done. So I'm not quite sure of the advantages of using something like TweetCaster. Hopefully I will have an answer to this question once I have more time to investigate.


No comments:

Post a Comment