Sunday, April 27, 2014

Thing 5 - Notetaking

When I went to read about this Thing, I was surprised not to see Evernote there. I have to admit that I've only just started using it, but I've seen it on many top App lists. It's definitely more of a true note taking program. But it has nice features such as being able to scan documents, take photos, record, add tags, organize notes, etc. 

The first few Apps listed in this Thing have more organizational features than Evernote. However, in order to consolidate places to find this type of information, my first thought is to use Google Calendar since we are already using Google Apps. However, for those needing a different interface, these may be a good fit, so I would still introduce these tools to users. 

I wanted to specifically try Bamboo Paper because of the sketching/drawing features. But it's not available for the iPhone. One more reason to get that iPad!

Dragon Dictation worked very well. Again, for students with special needs, this could be an excellent tool. I just had my husband use it (a special ed teacher), and he definitely wanted to try it with his students.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa! I'm so glad you're still working on 23 Mobile Things. A lot of people have commented on the lack of Evernote, so you aren't alone in that camp. I hope Dragon Dictation works well for your husband's students. And thanks for a great set of posts!

    -Kaia, 23 Mobile Things Coach

    ReplyDelete