Sunday, April 27, 2014

Thing 4 - Keeping Up

I know that this Thing mentions Google Reader as a preferred aggregator. Personally I loved iGoogle. I liked the newspaper like format, and that I could quickly scan for new posts (the ones I hadn't read were in bold) and see a bit of what an entry was about. It was a very efficient way of keeping up to date professionally.

I tried Flipboard since I haven't had as much success with sites that choose your news like Zite. There are certain individuals that I find helpful to follow. Again, I liked being able to add and organize iGoogle in this way. 

I will keep an open mind, but Flipboard still didn't fill the void that has been left by iGoogle going away. It seemed like more clicking just to get to the content of the few sites that I set up. I had heard about Flipboard, so it was good to try it out. But I will still continue my search for my iGoogle replacement... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment