Sunday, April 27, 2014

Thing 3 - Utilities

After scanning the list of utilities, I had to try the Google Search because it said it included the Google Goggles. I've read about this feature and always thought it was cool. But hadn't taken the time to try it out. 

It took a bit to figure out because you have to tap the search bar when it's blank in order for the camera to show up. This option used to be available from the first screen according to many of the help sites. I tried it on a few museum prints that I have. It got some correct but not others. Still, worth looking into and figuring out how this can be used with students.

I like the idea of the wifi finder as well. This option is always helpful when on the go.

For other browsers, I loaded Puffin. I had heard that this was a good browser option for sites using Flash. I tried it out, and the site containing flash played fine. 

I think I will be saying this a lot, but it was nice to take the time to learn about useful tools that I often come across. 


No comments:

Post a Comment