Sunday, April 27, 2014

Thing 2 - Tips

I go back and forth between using Windows and Apple devices. But I do most of my work on PCs. So I was pleasantly surprised to see that I knew many of the tips and tricks for my iPhone. I should add that one of the reasons that I got an iPhone was that it was a practical way for me to prepare for students and staff asking me questions about their own devices. It has proven to be helpful.

I did learn more about the accessibility options. I work with many special education students, so it was nice to see all of the modifications that were available for users with special needs.

I also liked the Mapped Pictures option since this can be used both for education and just plain fun.

Finally, I took the time to read more about the Find My Phone feature. This option is both practical and gives users a way of keeping their personal information safe.

I should add that some of the features that I use constantly are texting of course (so simple yet so effective), Maps (being directionally impaired, this ones a life saver), the Camera plus editing (no need for a separate one any more), Weather, the Calculator (no need for another device as well), listening to audio books, etc. not to mention all the other available Apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment